Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

9 Things That Will Haunt Me in 2009


Also known as the New Years Resolution Meme as tagged unto me by Adam at DVD Panache.

I love resolutions. They're empty promises. I'm like a politician walking through a room glad-handing every special interest I see. Lower cigarette taxes? You got it. More guns? Of course. No hydrogen cars until 2024? Done and done. I could do this all day.

Of course once you make the commitment that you're actually going to commit - that's when things get hairy. That's when it goes from crazy declarations like "I'm going to drop 100 lbs" to much tamer stuff like "I think I'll lay off sugar pop for a week."

All that being said, who knows if I'll commit to these or not. Check back at the end of the year and see. I'll probably lie, because how the hell will you know if I've done them or not?


First, here are the rules:

1. Post a list of nine movie-related resolutions for the new year. These can be as serious or light-hearted as you want them to be, and it also gives you a topic at the end of the year to post about when you take a look back at the resolutions.

2. Tag five other people with completing this meme.

3. Link back to my blog in your post so I can keep track of how many cool people are going along with this, and also for the purpose of compiling a list of the most interesting resolutions.


Okay, now on with the resolutions

1. Immerse myself in films of the 60's and 70's. I'm a little sparse in these areas. I'm a little sparse in a lot of areas, but this is where I'll start.

2. Watch Heaven's Gate. I've never seen it and yet I talk about wanting to see it a lot which causes people to say "shut the hell up and see it already."

3. Rewatch The Big Lebowski. I'm giving it one more chance and then if I don't like it, get off my back!

4. Show my collection a little love. There are about a dozen movies in my library that I have never seen. Stuff like Two-Lane Blacktop, Youth Of The Beast, The Ruling Class, Ran and Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance to name a few.

5. Begin to become an expert in a genre. Not something broad like Action or Science Fiction. But something more obscure like Japanese Horror. It's a lot cooler to be an expert in something only two people give a shit about.

6. Concentrate really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hard on Rob Zombie discovering his love of whittling, causing him to forget directing altogether thus making sure that Halloween 2 never gets remade.

7. Host a movie night in my backyard where adults get drunk and try not to fall asleep on my lawn forcing me to bring out the hose.

8. Refer to modern movies as "talkies" from now on.

9. Singlehandedly get Sam Raimi's Crimewave on DVD or Blu-Ray. I'm coming for you Sam and I'm bringing treats.


And here are the people I'm tagging.

Marilyn at Ferdy on Films (course)

Chuck at Out 1

Alex at Film Forager

Dirtyrobot at Filmopia

Movieman0283 at The Dancing Image

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar