Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A crazy Sunday and now Monday

Once again we have leaves covering the ground. Leaves as far as the eye can see.

When I have nothing else to talk about, there is always the weather. The heat is off and the back door is standing open this morning. There is so much I need to do outside. A few good weather days would be nice...

Eli gave me a scare yesterday. He is fine, but let me say this...there will be no more big ten dollar bones brought into this house. After a call to Quail Ridge Animal Hospital in Raleigh, I made a trip in to town to buy a bottle of Miralax. A ten dollar bottle of Miralax just for a one, half a teaspoon dose. Thankfully, no emergency visit was necessary!

I settled down after Eli scared me half to death only to realize that we have no running water in the house. Why does everything wait until Sunday to happen? Nobody comes out to do work like that on the weekend. Especially not on a Sunday. We get our water from a well. Something probably gone haywire with the pump.

So then this morning I find this little fellow. He somehow got outside the safety of the pen and spent the night alone in the cold, dark, and rain. I found him this morning, very cold and lifeless. I have him in my lap wrapped in a warm tee shirt as I type.  



I'm thinking he will be okay once he warms up. It surprises me that nothing caught him during the night.



So this is my Monday morning...waiting for the well drilling, pump repair people to get here while carrying around a cold baby guinea wrapped in warm cloths in one hand and doing what little I can with the other. The house is a mess and the dish pan is running over with dishes from supper last night. 

The baby has warmed up. The microwave is perfect for warming blankets. I mixed a little start n' grow with warm water and actually got the baby to swallow a drop or two from the tip of a spoon...




Guess I had better get busy. Thank you for visiting.

Love,
Henny

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar