The morning was beautiful, sunshine was burning the early morning mist away, the air felt still and clean. A day which promised much and hinted at autumn, my favourite season.
| She was a lonely girl |
| The Happy Couple |
As Toby and I headed home we had to get onto the narrow verge to let a large white van go past - yippee, I thought, my oven has been delivered.
I picked up my pace, eager to get home and get practicing making scones, biscuits, bread, etc for this weekend's village show.
When I got there I heard George talking on the telephone; the delivery van was 'lost' not sure how to find us. It was the van which had passed Toby and I.
So, this afternoon has been spent learning about the new oven, checking for hot spots, etc. I'm pretty pleased with the results, it will make cooking during the warmer months, when the Rayburn is turned off, so much easier.
You may be relieved to know, Dominic, that I have lost my prize-winning scone recipe.
I have been trying some new ones out...I think I have a likely contender here.
Light as a feather, good flavour...


0 Yorumlar