Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AN OLD SCHOOL KIND OF DAY

Fall has blown in, not with a whisper, but with a full blown shout.

The wind sends dying leaves swirling through the air.


Rain persistently taps against my windows. 

Temperatures that are thirty degrees colder than they were a few days ago urge me to pull out warmer clothing and snuggle under my throw while drinking hot tea. 


As I sit here all comfy in my home I ask Alexa to play some Johnny Mathis, and I am transported back in time.



If I close my eyes I can hear my mother in the kitchen and I can smell the chicken frying. 

The fire crackles in the fireplace as I curl up in my father's chair, and Johnny Mathis is playing on the record player. 


A sense of calm overtakes me and I feel safe and secure.

It's an old school kind of day. Okay Alexa isn't exactly old school, but curling up in a chair, reading a book I've picked up from the library, and sipping tea seems pretty old school to me. 

It feels perfect, and it is time to shut down the computer and turn off the phone so I can enjoy it to its fullest.
post signature

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar