We've been watching the Olympics and though we're thrilled when we see an athlete medal in their sport, what we've really loved is seeing when an athlete who was expected to win loses and does so graciously with such dignity and poise.
Shaun White was expected to win the snowboarding Halfpipe event, but he came in 4th. He had to feel crushed and yet he went over to congratulate the Gold medal winner who was snowboarding for Russia and said, "I need a hug."
Nike is giving silver jackets to the winners with a secret message on the inside that says, "This is your moment."
I wish they'd give a jacket to everybody else who participated with a message that says something like, "We're proud of you."
I know I'm so very proud of all the athletes from around the world.
![]() |
| Shaun White (courtesy of Wikipedia) |
Shaun White was expected to win the snowboarding Halfpipe event, but he came in 4th. He had to feel crushed and yet he went over to congratulate the Gold medal winner who was snowboarding for Russia and said, "I need a hug."
Nike is giving silver jackets to the winners with a secret message on the inside that says, "This is your moment."
I wish they'd give a jacket to everybody else who participated with a message that says something like, "We're proud of you."
I know I'm so very proud of all the athletes from around the world.


0 Yorumlar