White Noise
by
Barbara R. Vance
In all the world
There's nothing like
The sound of falling snow.
The only noise
I've ever known
That makes the clocks move slow.
The only sound
That sweeps away
The din of city streets
And wraps around
In soft embrace
Most everyone it meets.
A sound that's
Not a sound at all
A quiet, soft and dear
That comforts all
The sleepy souls
Who sit, and watch, and hear.
~~~~
The snow stopped as predicted, the plough came around all our streets and yesterday we met up with our son for lunch. We had a very nice afternoon together, did a bit of shopping afterwards and got home around 6.00 p.m. Traffic was light, schools were out and so were federal workers. I hope all returns to normal for everyone real soon. The photo above was taken at night when the snow was still falling, you can hardly see it but it was quite heavy. I will leave you with one more snow photo that I took of the tree in front of our home. Pretty blue skies are back again.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week.




0 Yorumlar