Good morning! Temperatures are still hovering below zero as I sit here with my steamy mug of coffee. The sun is shining brightly and, for a brief moment, I considered heading outside for a walk. On second thought, I decided to save that for a warmer day (maybe 15 degrees?) and just hit the treadmill instead.So, I missed the trip To The Lighthouse on Friday, but am still in the midst of a very Woolfish weekend. Last Sunday, I mentioned that Mrs. Dalloway has continued to occupy my thoughts. This week, I reread The Hours by Michael Cunningham (a book I loved before reading Woolf's novel). I am simply in awe of Cunningham's talent.
Yesterday, I returned to Mrs. Dalloway (it's unheard of for me to reread a book so soon) - opting to read the foreword by Maureen Howard this time. And last night, I finally watched The Hours. If there's anyone left that hasn't seen this film, I highly recommend it!
A Woolf biography seems to be on the reading horizon and my inclination is to choose Hermione Lee's. Does anyone have a recommendation?
It wasn't all Virginia Woolf this week though. Eudor Welty's "Why I Live at the P.O." was the topic of my Short Story Monday post. It's a great southern story and, especially after reading Softdrink's review of The Optimist's Daughter, a trip to B&N is in order this afternoon.... can't let a coupon expire unused! I also posted my thoughts on Marvel's graphic adaptation of Pride & Prejudice.
Now there's time to visit some of your blogs before settling in for an hour or two with Mrs. Dalloway. What will you be reading today?

0 Yorumlar