Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Wrap-up 6/9

Good morning.  It is a very wet morning here and looks to be a soggy day and evening.  We actually got several dry days this week (thankful for the farmers).  I hope the farms got to make some progress.  My bother actually got to get much of his garden in this week - finally!  His acreage is very wet as he is settled on a natural spring - so any rain really messes his planting up.
It got pretty toasty and humid a few times.  Turned AC on for a couple hours here and there.  For the most part I utilized the ceiling fans and windows.

I noticed a few teeny tiny cucumbers on my 2 vines!!!!!!  The pepper plants are loaded with buds and the tomatoes are blooming up a storm.  I came across another volunteer tomato plant.

I got to get very close to the bunny last evening.  Oh my  goodness is it a sweet little thing.  It would fit in my hand, it is so small.  Just adorable.
My hummingbirds are finely starting to show up several times a day now.  I was beginning to wonder about them.
We have several young squirrels (born this spring) and they are just too cute.  Sure didn't take them long to learn where the peanuts come from!  They run right up to me.  Saw Momma squirrel out there preening one of the young ones and they young-in appeared to be hugging Momma.  It was so sweet to watch.

Coogy had me a little worried one day.  He kept crying and pacing and getting sick.  I then realized he was constipated (of all things).  This happens to him about once a year.  Poor baby feels awful when that happens.  I mixed a little bacon grease with coconut oil and got him to lick it off my finger and shortly there after - he 'went' and felt better.

My week:
  • Made up new bottles of shampoo and dish soap
  • I spent a couple days sorting, cleaning and de-cluttering again.  I arranged all of Glen's books into one full bookcase.  That was a project - but they are neat and together.
  • I boxed up and donated 5 boxes of my old books.  Took them to the church thrift store.
  • I received 2 FREE mangos and a loaf of Italian style sliced bread at the thrift store
  • I worked in the yard a lot.  I got 3 flower beds weeded and new mulch laid in them.  That was hot but sure good therapy for me!!!!!

Here are a couple of the beds cleaned and mulched.  The top one is the side of the garage in the backyard - all my old implements and fossil rocks included there!
The bottom one is at the back of the house and contains the AC unit and the generator. - but also lots of mint and snow on the mountain.
  • I cleaned the back perennial bed between the garden and the back fence.  What a mess.  That bed contained a lot of poison ivy and many maple trees sprouting (UGH).  Got that all cleaned out and it looks nice
  • I cooked up a pound of hamburger (taco seasoned) for different meals.  Also used part of it to make a big burger.
  • Had lunch with 2 old friends this week.  We met at O'Charley's. 
  • I ran to Kroger to get milk and of course walked around the store.  I did get 2 - 1/2 gallon (used to be!) cartons of specialty butter pecan ice cream for $2 each.  That is one of my favorites.
  • Mowed the yard 2 times and trimmed.
  • Picked up my sister and she and I went to our gr.gr. nephews graduation party yesterday.  Got a wonderful meal as well.  It was nice being with a lot of family - lifted my spirits a bit.
  • Just doing all the regular stuff
As you can see I spent a lot of time cleaning and clearing -pulling and tossing - sweating and lifting - it sure helps me get out some emotions and stress!  Tiring, but good therapy.

Meals this week:
Fish and slaw soft tacos
Cheeseburger (on bread) and 2 hard boiled eggs
Goulash 
Beef/cheese nachos
O'Charley's meal with friends (late lunch)
Hamburger hash
Grad dinner - catered by Qdoba - tasty

I have managed to get out a bit more this week.  Yes, it was nice - but it had emotional setbacks later in the day.  I keep looking at my watch while out - as I not used to not hurrying home.  I got very emotional both evenings.  It is all so new to me.  I am slowly trying to get out of my comfort zone (home) and branch out.  I am definitely a work in progress.  Dang it - this is tough!


How was your week?  Did you get any good deals this week?  How are your gardens doing?
Give us a shout and let us know what you are up to!  I think we all love learning from each other!!

Prayers that you all have a safe and healthy week.  Be wise, be loving and caring, and be frugal.  God bless you all and your families.
Blessing from my humble little home to yours.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar