I purposely didn't list the inserts from my Thursday night card grab because I was waiting to see if anyone thought it odd.
After hearing crickets chirping on my blog over the weekend, I got my answer. Regardless, here they are and it's probably the last time I'll look or think about them (except for maybe the '87 minis):
I remember watching Fisk take Darcy deep into the night on TV and my mom and I jumping off the couch and cheering. We weren't Sox fans; this had more to do with our dislike for the Reds. Still, it truly was a great moment in time. As an aside, I'd like to know what jag-off first uttered "walk-off'.'' I guess "game-winning'' wasn't cutesy enough.
All these gold sparkly cards do is distract you from the photos.
This is a reach; I doubt seriously Kimbrel will every be compared to Smoltz. The only thing they'll have in common is they're both right-handed and once pitched for the Braves.
I like these Gold Standard cards. Seaver in the beer league softball White Sox threads. Cool.
This Gold Futures card is OK, I guess. A player's uniform number should never be on the front of a card.
My first DiMaggio card out of a pack. If this was only 1940 ...
I like '87 Topps and think these mini tributes work.
This Golden Moment of Gonzalez setting a Red Sox record for most first-half hits seems much ado about nothing.
Red bordered cards? For the love of God ...
I ran the code through the Topps website and got a coin. Maybe next time I'll get The Quan.
Not really impressed with these inserts, but I'm not an insert collector. I'd rather just have more base cards.













0 Yorumlar