Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What Are Children Reading These Days?



Doing a book review is not something 
I would normally do in my blog.
😊
As some of you know, 
our daughter and granddaughters came to visit
 at Thanksgiving.  During their visit we 
went to our local library.  
I would say that it doesn't matter where 
they are, going to the library is second nature 
to them, like breathing:) 
📕👓📗📖📘📕👓📗📖📘
This particular book is one that my oldest granddaughter
 age ten has read twice 
and she wanted to check it out again, 
while she was here.  
After she left, I decided that I wanted to read it 
and see just what kind of books this sweet girl likes
 to read and why she liked it so much 
that she would read it again and again. 

 Well, I was pleasantly surprised.  
The story is very uplifting, 
but about making the most out of 
not so uplifting circumstances.
  The vocabulary
 and content far exceeds anything 
that I would have read at age ten.  
I'm very proud of these girls, 
and their Mama . . . 
she is the cornerstone to them 
being such good (great) readers.  

She has read them bedtime stories every night
 since birth and now at bedtime they take turns 
picking a book and reading it out loud to each other. 

That was how Abbey read this book for the second time . . . 
she picked it as one of her read aloud books,
 because she had enjoyed it so much 
and wanted to share it with her Mama and sister.   

It's one of those books that you will pick up
 and not want to put down until you've finished it :)

📕👓📗📖📘📕👓📗📖📘
Do you wonder what your grandchildren are reading?
📞 📞
I found it to be very interesting 
&
it was something fun to discuss 
when I talked with her on the phone 
the other night :)
 📞 📞

I'm hoping to have some time out in
my Art Barn today.
I'm starting a new quilt project :)

Keep Smiling! 
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar